Citrus marinated mackerel recipe
The citrus marinated mackerel recipe is a very old technique that was already used to preserve fish, basically consists of cooking them with a salt and sugar marinade. It is one of our recipes on the Gastroshows menu.
Citrus marinated mackerel
By: Marc Grivé
It is important for the recipe that the mackerel is fresh, that is, that the skin is smooth and hard. On the other hand, if the mackerel weighs less or more than 600g, the marinating time must be modulated.
- 2 mackerels of 600gr
- 200g white sugar
- 200g salt
- 1 tangerine
- 1 lemon
- First clean and fillet the mackerel, reserve the fillets without bones (keep the roe).
- Prepare the marinade with salt, sugar, lemon and tangerine peel. The proportion of salt and sugar must be the same.
- Cover all the mackerel with the marinade for approximately 45 minutes, depending on the size of the mackerel.
- In a frying pan sauté the mandarin segments with the roe and a squeeze of lemon, this will give us the citric point of the recipe.
- Clean the mackerel with water to remove all the marinade and dry it, then fillet it to taste to serve.
- Put the mandarin sauté as a base and on top the mackerel, cook it with the blowtorch and decorate with chives.
advice on marinated mackerel
It is important that the fish is fresh, look at the eyes, they must shine and not be undulated, the gills, they have to be red and the piece of fish has to be hard, it will mean that it is a fresh piece.
It is important that when you order mackerel at the fishmonger’s you keep all these points in mind, it is also important to buy it when it is in season.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment and we will answer them. Thank you!
These Michelin-starred restaurants in Barcelona have a lunch menu at a more affordable price, so don’t miss this special date!
In this post you will find the best beach restaurants in Barcelona that you can not miss, take a look and enjoy the sun!
In this post you will find the best cocktail bars in Barcelona that you can’t miss, take a look!
With the arrival of summer, the traditional ‘cinema a la fresca’ returns and with it many places in Barcelona are transformed into open-air cinemas. Take a look at the billboard!